We are one week from Mother’s Day Ladies and Gentlemen. I know, I know…Hallmark Holiday? Maybe. But I enjoy it and not just because I am a Mother. When you are the mother to young children, you get beautiful handmade gifts that you treasure forever and that is my favorite part. I would also love a Mani/Pedi (*hint,*hint). Anyway…
Just because we may be approaching the “mother” of all Hallmark Holidays (I really couldn’t help it…) doesn’t mean that you should skip out on getting something for Mom. Wouldn’t she feel a little left out if she didn’t receive anything? And if you are like me, you may not want to give the usual card and flowers. I like to give thoughtful and creative gifts – it’s so much more fulfilling!
There are some really great events going on around Chester County and gifts that are affordable and unique. I am posting early, just to be sure that you all can take advantage of every opportunity!
- Saturday,May 5 (TOMORROW) Prelude to Mother’s Day Tea at Oakbourne Mansion:
- The Ultimate Homemaking eBook Bundle is a collection of eBooks written by 75+ well known writers and bloggers on topics such as health and beauty, home management, time management, holidays, decorating, children’s activities and more. I have personally purchased this bundle even though I already own more than one of the books individually. Remember when I talked about Advent at Christmas time and recommended Truth in the Tinsel? That book is included in this bundle. I paid $7.99 for that by itself and this bundle is only 29.97 for 97 eBooks plus $140 in freebies from partnering companies! Can you tell I am excited about this? It’s a great gift for anyone who has an interest in all things domestic. For a listing of all the books, topics and detaill go here
- Through May 12! Pete’s Produce special offer: Did you know that Pete’s is a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)? I didn’t and I am super happy to hear about it. Not only that, but if you join before Mother’s Day, they add an additional 20% to your membership card.
- Through May 18! Chester County’s Best Kept Secrets Tour: Experience Chester County in a whole new way during this exclusive shopping, food, and fun adventure! You’ll travel place to place, in your own vehicle, enjoying special free things like refreshments, gifts, games, demos, tours, samples, and discounts planned just for you.
- Friday,May10 – Sunday, May 12 Faunbrook B&B Special: Enjoy beautiful sites, luncheon in the ballroom and 2 night stays starting at $429.00 (1 night stays may be available per request).
- Saturday, May 11 Mother’s Day in the Vineyard: Wine tasting, yoga class and free gifts!
- Saturday, May 11 Unite for Her Bloom Fashion Show and luncheon: Support Breast cancer awareness by purchasing tickets to this fashion show and luncheon.
- Sunday, May 12 Willowdale Steeplechase: Tailgating, Jack Russell racing, horse raising, antique cars and fun for the whole family. General admission for adults starts at $25, reserve a spot for tailgating parties starting at $125.
Jen is a “Mom Blogger” in the sense that she writes about her life which largely revolves around being a mother. You can expect to hear about family life and raising young kids, recipes and menu planning, home organization, crafts, products that she loves and local, family friendly events and locations. You can hear more from Jen on her personal blog, WorthingtonLower.com