Light: Installations by Bruce Munro
Experience Longwood Gardens in a whole new Light through the evocative and imaginative art of Bruce Munro, British artist and light designer.
(Exhibit runs from June 9th until September 29th, Saturday evenings only.)
Never before seen in the United States, this debut exhibition illuminates the gardens with large-scale, site-specific light installations. Wander through a field of light reminiscent of flowers, discover a meadow of glowing towers changing hues, and delight in a shower of cascading raindrops fashioned from delicate lights as you are immersed in a new and truly unique garden experience. Both indoors and outdoors, by day and by night, Light! will change the way you see gardens.
Watch a video of Bruce Munro’s Field of Light on display at The Holburne Museum in Bath:
There are so many ways for everyone to experience light!
- Light Nights are fun for the whole family, with outdoor concerts, crafts, and other family-friendly activiites.
- SmART Nights bring some of the region’s brightest minds to Longwood to discuss the science of light. Afterwards, share your own bright ideas with StorySlams facilitated by First Person Arts.
- Culinary DeLight Dinners serve up delicious four-course meals amidst beautiful views of the exhibit.
- Lectures, workshops, and classes centered around every aspect of Light offer learning opportunities throughout the exhibit.
Get plugged into Light
Download, tweet, link, like, share, upload, listen and more! There are so many ways for you to be part of Light:
- Free mobile Light app for exclusive installation details and more available June 6.
- Upload your photos and experiences during the exhibit to our social media outlets.
- Light:Installations by Bruce Munro catalog